Using LifeVac is easy: Place the suction device over the victim’s nose and mouth, push down on the handle to compress the unit, pull up with a swift tug. It is as simple as that.
- Choose the appropriate mask size and discard the coloured plastic ring. Insert the mask into the unit by rotating it while exerting pressure. Be sure to check that the mask is securely attached to the unit.
- Place the mask over the victim’s nose and mouth, with the mouth open and the chin up. You should firmly hold the mask with your hand over your nose and mouth. Make sure you have a good seal on the face before proceeding.
- While holding the mask in place with one hand, push the handle down with the other hand to compress the unit.
- Once the handle has been pushed all the way down, pull the handle up quickly, while holding the mask firmly in place.
- Turn the head to the side or roll the victim onto their side and remove any debris from the mouth. (Also check the unit for debris).